Quiz 8 Questions
- A stroboscope is: (a) a device for measuring the speed of flashing lights (b) a telescope for viewing dark objects (c) a device that helps take photos of fast-moving objects.
- Which two Australian animals are the only living monotremes?
- We get seasick because of mixed messages from two of our organs. Which two?
- Fullerenes, graphite and diamonds are allotropes (distinct forms) of which element?
- Ethanol-blended petrol sold in Australia can contain up to what percentage of ethanol?
- Echidnas and platypuses
- Your (inner) ears and your eyes. Proprioception (your brain’s ‘map’ of muscles and senses) also might play a strong role.
- 10%. Ethanol added to petrol reduces the amounts of greenhouse gases and other emissions that are produced by the vehicle’s exhaust.