Quiz 21 Questions
- What is the fastest growing tissue in the human body?
- When you hit your funny bone, what are you actually hitting?
- True or False: Chillies affect all animals in the same way.
- When material is freeze-dried, water is extracted bypassing which of its states-of-matter?
- Rank these blood cells in order of their average maximum lifespan whilst within the bloodstream, from longest to shortest: platelets, white blood cells, red blood cells.
- Bone marrow. Antlers are the fastest growing tissue amongst all mammals and can grow up to an inch per day.
- Not a bone at all. The funny ulnar nerve. The ulnar nerve does run through your humerus bone, however.
- False. Birds are insensitive to chilli.
- Liquid. Water is first frozen and then during the freeze-drying process is sublimated directly into a gas without being liquefied.
- White blood cells (up to years), red blood cells (about 100 days), platelets (about 9 days).